Thai Visa. Work Permit. Healthcare.

Shelter is a relocation agency that helps digital professionals live and work in Thailand legally. We handle the legal and tax matters for you, so you can focus on what matters most.

Our Service

If you work remotely or run a digital business, you can relocate to Thailand easily and do your business through Shelter as the Employer of Record (EOR). We charge a flat monthly fee, which covers everything needed from a legal perspective to establish a reliable tax home in Thailand.

We provide a work permit, business visa, healthcare, handle monthly payroll, and ensure that your taxes and social security are paid as legally required.

No more paperwork, visa runs, or 90 day reports at Immigration – just hassle-free living in Thailand.

Young attractive woman in dress, sunglasses and hat, working in laptop on the beach, on palm trees background, Girl Freelancer working
Young male freelancer sitting in outdoor cafe working in laptop


22-50 years old

Have either one of the following:

  • High school or university diploma, plus 5 years of relevant work experience
  • IT-related university diploma, plus 2 years of relevant work experience

Work in software development, blockchain, design, marketing, business development, ecommerce, or other online, tech/digital-related activity

Have an existing business or client base

Can bill a minimum of $1,500 USD per month

Can commit to a 1 year contract

What Our Clients Say

Young hipster using his smart phone on holidays in Mexico.
Blue Real Estate facebook Banner (3)

Free Ebook

Why Thailand is the top country in the world for digital nomads, freelancers, and remote workers

The 5 best places to work remotely in Thailand

How Shelter’s EOR solution allows you to live in Thailand legally, long term, and hassle free

How Shelter compares to other options such as the Elite Visa, Smart Visa, Education Visa, and Volunteer Visa

The benefits of tax residency in Thailand, such as free government healthcare through Social Security and a legal path to Permanent Residency


Frequently Asked Questions

Read the full FAQ.

1. Passport scan
2. Diploma scan
3. Reference letters verifying experience

Upfront, we just need a scan of your passport. Reference letters and an educational certificate are required later in the work permit process, after entering Thailand.

That depends on your Thai visa type and history. Tourist visas can typically be converted for a fee, while other visa types are already compatible with a work permit (Non Bs, spousal visas, child visas, etc). Education and volunteer visas are unfortunately difficult to convert in-country; a border run to a nearby country is almost always necessary.

Yes. Your spouse and/or children may apply for Non-Immigrant O ("Non O") tied to your Non B. We do not charge additional service fees for preparing visa application paperwork for dependents. Marriage and/or birth certificate is required.  Dependents are not covered under Thailand Social Security, unless they obtain a work permit.

That's the great thing about Non-Immigrant visas – they can be extended indefinitely. Once you hold 3 consecutive 1-year visa extensions, tied to the same work permit, you may apply for Permanent Residency (PR). The permanent residence permit will allow you to stay in Thailand indefinitely without needing a visa. 

Contact Us

For more information about Shelter, fill out the form below and a representative will be in touch with you shortly.